C's syntax (was Re: Python Formatted C Converter (PfCC))

Boris Borcic borcis at geneva-link.ch
Tue Oct 24 04:22:01 EDT 2000

Erik Max Francis wrote:

> C is not a trivial language, so the rules are not trivial.  If you have
> sloppy thinking or are not familiar with the details of the language,
> you will get yourself into trouble with a non-trivial language.

To me this sounds like a lawyer's defense of legal language : it certainly
*fails to convince* that it is *not* the case that a relatively opaque language
gets promoted precisely for the benefit of permitting such ways of
argumentation ; e.g. putting the load of responsibility for error
on the shoulders of the ignorant, while clearing the experts for the
responsibility of creating the occasions of error.

BB
--
"Aesthetic sense is to soul as eyes are to viewpoint"