future of Python: Stackless, Standard -> fragmentation ?

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Sun Oct 8 15:17:46 EDT 2000

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Christian Tismer wrote:

> I still consider these considerations ridiculous, born from
> the fear these continuations could make it into Python somehow.
> I never saw the argument "don't do this since JPython can't do it"
> before I begun to break the holy stack.

I always wondered what the big deal is myself, especially if you pack
away the magic stuff in modules somewhere..

After all, JPython can use all sorts of modules that Python can't..

Kawa (scheme for java) does continuations with exceptions...
They say you can't do co-routines with it, but that in java,
those should be done with threads:

http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/kawa/kawa-tour_19.html

Cheers,

- Michal