Scripting SSH with Python

hartmut Goebel hartmut at oberon.noris.de
Thu Oct 26 12:53:26 EDT 2000

Lenny Self (lenny at squiggie.com) schrieb:

 >I am scripting SSH or actually rsync using ssh and I am in need of a bit of
 >help.  When I make the SSH connection I am prompted to enter a password...
 >my problem is that I don't know how to look for this promt and have the
 >script submit the password for me.  Can anyone give me some help on this.

I worked on the same problem some weeks ago. I'll publish the stuff next week
and announce it here. (Sory, I'm ill this week.)

 >I have been experimenting with os.popen and os.popen3 but I am either
 >looking in the wrong spot or I am not doing it correctly.

I used expect.

+++hartmut

| hartmut Goebel      | hartmut at oberon.noris.de   //  |
| Compiler Manufactur | Essich at irc              \X/   |

PGP fingerprint = BF DD D6 75 7C 03 21 52  47 65 50 7F 54 47 06 C7