[ANNOUNCE] cCopy 0.2

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 04:19:47 EDT 2000

In article <bz6F5.16887$aD2.74270 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Neil
Hodgson <neilh at scintilla.org> writes
>Robin Becker:
>> In article <etdbswrz992.fsf at nerd-xing.mit.edu>, Alex <the_brain at mit.edu>
>> writes
>> >You should judge more by your web server logs than the response here.
>> >My own experience suggests there are a lot of shy people lurking
>> >here. (Well, I would count as one of them, in your case. :)
>> >
>> >Alex.
>> >
>> If my crappy, about to go broke ISP, allowed such things I would check.
>> I am monetarily constrained so use the cheapest available option.
>
>   SourceForge is about as cheap as possible and provides information on the
>number of times packages have been downloaded. The biggest problem with
>moving to SourceForge is that the upload process is a bit complex requiring
>ftp to copy the file to SourceForge and then interacting with some web pages
>to park it correctly.
>
>   Neil
It's a bit ridiculous to put such nonsense on sourceforge by itself. I'm
not a web expert programmer and certainly haven't the time to program it
all up to look nice etc. Also from this side of the Atlantic it's a very
slow interface sometimes although the cvs side is easy.

There would be a case for a place for small python extensions to live
together, but I'm not volunteering.
--
Robin Becker