how do I register a local-server-only COM object in Python?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 05:48:24 EDT 2000

The normal Python COM object registration procedures
register both an in-process and local-server object.
It would appear the latter is required for the former
to work.  How do I change things so that _only_ the
local (i.e., out-of-process) server is registered?

The need for this comes from having a COM server that
needs to be shared among clients (system-unique), as
per the sample 'shared-dictionary' I just posted, and
use it from languages where I can't specify what kind
of server I want (e.g., VBScript)...

Alex