New - Need Help

jay graves jgraves3 at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 19 12:13:13 EDT 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:46:44 -0000, dmw16 at home.com wrote:

>I dont have any prior compiled language programing experience(I know
>HTML, that is it) and I am looking to start learning a language. I
>was planning on making python my first. Is this a good idea? If it
>is, does anyone know of any good beginnering online tutorials and/or
>books?
>thanks,
>-doug wardell

Learning is Python is a good book and I would recommend it but if you
are a total neophyte I would like to point you to:

"How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (Python version)"

The link I have is currently unreachable but a Google search revealed
a mirror.

http://www.eleceng.uct.ac.za/courses/EEE103W/python/yhslug.tux.org/obp/thinkCS/thinkCSpy/

HTH
Jay