MS Windows Clipboard

Paul Moore paul.moore at uk.origin-it.com
Fri Oct 27 09:00:24 EDT 2000

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:13:20 +0200, "Mark Hammond"
<MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote:

>"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:8ta16b01n0d at news2.newsguy.com...
>> "Mark Hammond" <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote in message
>
>We are discussing a new optional param for the Win32 clipboard
>functions that would specify the type of the returned data.

While we're on the subject, I recall from Perl's clipboard module a
function which waits for the clipboard to change. The Python module
doesn't have this, and I'm not sure how I would implement it. (It's
not the sort of thing which is needed very often, I guess, but I have
a specific application which would be cleaner with it...) I think I
need a clipboard viewer, with a hidden window to receive notification
messages. But it sounds quite messy to implement. Two questions -
first, are all the pieces available in win32all to implement this
myself, and second, would it be worth adding a method like this to
win32clipboard?

Thanks,
Paul Moore