Q: Folder Monitor

scott at zenplex.com scott at zenplex.com
Tue Oct 24 08:51:05 EDT 2000

Hello All,  I'm trying to write a program that will monitor a folder for
file access.  I figure I have at least two variables 1) check time and 2)
a wait delay..  After writing a few lines I ran into some problems.
Basically I was using a sleep function to pause long enough for the file
to finish copying, then use mtime to check if the file actually finished
copying.  The problem I have if more then one file hits the folder and my
sleep routine is running my script basically is stalled.  So my question
is can another function be used say the select module or poll()? Or
better yet can anyone point me in some direction.
thanks
Scott