Stdout in extensions under IDLE

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Oct 5 19:05:10 EDT 2000

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> writes:

> ...as I thought I had recently read on this group that MSVC++
> 5 can't be used any more to embed/extend Python 2 on Win32,
> but rather MSVC++ 6 is required.

Only if you want to use the pre-built binary import libraries (which
use the new format introduced with 6).  If you're rebuilding Python
from source, both MSVC++ 5 and 6 work fine.

And even with the pre-built import libraries, if you have a recent
enough link you should be fine too (or at worst you could use the
newer linker to convert the import libraries to the old format for use
with MSVC++ 5)

--
-- David