John Draper crunch at host.net
Mon Oct 16 19:22:09 EDT 2000

Thanx everyone for coming back to me so fast,    I tried to examine the
Modules/Setup file,   and according to that,    it give me every indication
that it would compile in the Crypt module.

Here is an exerp from that....  from /Modules/Setup file.

# Modules with some UNIX dependencies -- on by default:
# (If you have a really backward UNIX, select and socket may not be
# supported...)

fcntl fcntlmodule.c	# fcntl(2) and ioctl(2)
pwd pwdmodule.c		# pwd(3)
grp grpmodule.c		# grp(3)
crypt cryptmodule.c 	# crypt(3); needs -lcrypt on some systems
select selectmodule.c	# select(2); not on ancient System V
socket socketmodule.c	# socket(2); not on ancient System V
errno errnomodule.c	# posix (UNIX) errno values

As you see,    it is clearly supposed to compile it in.    But here's
the real puzzler,   and perhaps this might give anyone enough information
to point out the problem...

I can do "import socket" just fine.
But I CANNOT do "import crypt"

GO FIGURE....

Are there any OTHER config and setup files I have to change?    And why
does it compile in a "socket" module above,   and not a "crypt" module?

If anyone can help,    please let me know....  I'm desperate for answers.
I cannot seem to be able to access the IRC server and get these questions
answered.

John