Newbie at pythonwincom, please kick me in the right direction..

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Sun Oct 1 19:38:09 EDT 2000

"Andrew Markebo" <andrew.markebo at telelogic.com> wrote in message
news:ksr962gbvi.fsf at telelogic.com...

> I stumbled over the "Win32 Oddisey", describing how to use
> internetexplorer com-control to download pages.. Perrfect!!!
>
> Now there are only one question..
>
> Any good 'Win32 COM for pythin programmers' book out there??

Of course :-)  Unfortunately, it doesnt cover events.

> Meanwhile.. basically what I do is:
>
> from win32com.client import Dispatch
> ie=Dispatch("InternetExplorer.Application")
> ie.Visible=1

ie.Navigate("http://www.yesbox.net/?username=flognat&pwd=yeszap&domain
id=1")
> doc=ie.Document
>
> So.. how do I know when the document is finished?? There seems to be

Check out the docstrings for win32com.client.DispatchWithEvents - this
even has an IE demo!

Mark.