Python 2.0 release candidate 1

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 11:15:58 EDT 2000

In article <mailman.971160928.14868.python-list at python.org>, Jeremy
Hylton <jeremy at beopen.com> writes

>The final release of Python 2.0 will be next week.  We would
>appreciate feedback on the release candidate in order to fix any
>remaining bugs before the final release.  Confirmation of build and
>test success on less common platforms is also helpful.n
OK I downloaded the win32 version of Python 2.0 c1 and ran all the tests
inside reportlab through it. I had to build _imaging.pyd for it and so
on as well as our own accelerators.

Thre were only minor timing differences between the 1.5.2 version and
2.0c1. There were bigger timing differences without the accelerators,
but that's only to be expected.

So far as I can tell everything went well.
--
Robin Becker