Python 2.0b2 on Redhat 7.0

Roland Mas mas at echo.fr
Tue Oct 10 04:30:26 EDT 2000

Tim Iskander (2000-10-09 13:58:33 -0400) :

> As far as I can tell there is a conflict in that
> /usr/include/bits/xopen_lim.h is defining LONG_BIT to be 64 when
> sizeof (long) is returning 4 (32 bits)

  Yep.  I signalled it on the Sourceforge bug tracking system (see at
<URL:http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=115919&group_id=5470>).

  I encounter that bug on Debian unstable too.  I discussed with
Debian gurus, and it appears that this is a bug in gcc triggered by
recent glibc.  As you must already know, Red Hat 7 ships with a very
unstable non-official snapshot of gcc and a very beta version of
glibc, the combination of which triggers that bug.

  No solution is self-evident to me, except to wait for the stable
gcc-3 and glibc-2.2.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Plant a radish, get a radish, never any doubt!
  -- Bellamy & Hucklebee, in The Fantasticks