pyxml for mac

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 3 12:10:57 EDT 2000

Nick Collier <nick at src.uchicago.edu> writes:

> Anybody have pyxml binaries for Mac they'd like to share or know where I
> could get such a thing. (We have a mac but no compiler.)

If you can live without the pyexpat parser (and only use the xmlproc
parser), you get something written in 100% pure Python, so no compiler
would be needed. Just uncomment the extensions in setup.py.

xmlproc is a validating parser (unlike pyexpat, which does not
validate); it is much slower, though. If you restrict yourself to SAX
and DOM, you don't need to care what parsers are available - Python
will pick the 'best' one.

Regards,
Martin