NumPy Installation on SunOS, Traceback in setup.py

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at northwestern.edu
Fri Oct 13 12:34:08 EDT 2000

To all:

I'm trying to install and build NumPy 17 on a Sun, under Python 2.0c1.
When I try to install it, I get
a trace back stating:

[15] % python setup.py install --home=~/Python-2.0c1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 15, in ?
    vs = map(string.atoi, v.groups())
AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'groups'
[16] %

Python has been installed in my own Python-2.0c1 directory, and make
test has passed successfully.  I can get to Python from anywhere.  The
following is my configuration info for Python:

[2] % python
Python 2.0c1 (#1, Oct 11 2000, 10:47:16)
[GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on sunos5

I am using the lapack_lite library included in the NumPy release, so I
don't think I was supposed to edit setup.py.  Is there something I
missed.

Louis
--
Louis Luangkesorn