Python on the iPAQ

Charles Boncelet boncelet at udel.edu
Wed Oct 25 09:41:12 EDT 2000

Jeff Kunce wrote:

> > Any chance python will work in the IPAQ under WinCE? Just
> > curious.
>
> Last I heard, nobody had updated Python CE to run on
> any of the newer Pocket PC models. The whole project
> seems to be hibernating. Mailing List:
>    http://www.egroups.com/list/python-ce
> Mark's CE Offerings:
>   http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/ce/
> Starship is currently available, but you can get a cached page
> at google with these keywords: python windows CE

Thanks.  I know about the warnings at handhelds.org (which is
why I'm in no hurry to convert my IPAQ--when I get it--to linux).

But, I'd really like to do Python programming on it, even under
Win CE.  There are lots of times I want to test a few ideas and
Python on an IPAQ would be perfect.
--
Charles Boncelet                              302-831-8008
Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering   302-831-4316 (fax)
University of Delaware                        boncelet at eecis.udel.edu
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~boncelet/