MySQLdb module compile errors

Ken Kinder kkinder at tridog.com
Mon Oct 30 10:22:23 EST 2000

Your module compiled fine on my Debian/GNU Linux box, 2.2, but our
servers run BSDi and are having some problems:

Okay, two changes needed to be made: I changed /usr/lib/mysql and
/usr/include/mysql to use /usr/local as the prefix because that's where
my MySQL is installed.

I was wondering if you could help me out with this compile error:

    /usr/home/kkinder/MySQLdb-0.2.2/./_mysqlmodule.c:76: undefined
reference to `PyTuple_New'

repeated a few dozen times, then:

    usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so: undefined reference to
`environ'
    /shlib/libc.so.1: undefined reference to `__progname'

Am I missing something here? The server is running:

    BSDi 4.1
    Python 1.5.2
    mysql  Ver 9.33 Distrib 3.22.25

Let me know if you have any suggestions.