[Numpy-discussion] Re: numpy, overflow, inf, ieee, and rich comparison

Greg Ewing see at my.signature
Sun Oct 29 21:48:21 EST 2000

Alex Martelli wrote:

> Although you could make the same point for
> numeric addition versus sequence concatenation.

Not quite, because addition only makes sense
for numbers, whereas concatenation only makes
sense for sequences. Python has no built-in
type which is both a number and a sequence,
and no automatic coercions between numbers
and sequences, so there's no confusion.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg