PEP 4: Deprecation of standard modules

Alex the_brain at mit.edu
Mon Oct 9 12:09:05 EDT 2000

> Why deprecate modules at all? Why not just move them out of the
> standard distribution and make a home (page) for outcast modules.. As
> long as you can get to this stuff from parnassus, everyone should be
> happy. Or am I missing something?

I think you have to keep those modules around for old programs that
depend on them.  They generally don't have enough clue to get the
modules they need from parnassus (although it just occurred to me that
building that capability into python would be really cool, in a broken
sort of way.)

Alex.

--
Speak softly but carry a big carrot.