Is this a dream or a nightmare? (Was Re: XML)

lynx a at b.c
Sat Oct 7 20:19:52 EDT 2000

Dan Kuchler <kuchler at ajubasolutions.com>, in
<39DF2837.FEBD5124 at ajubasolutions.com>:

> I am also fairly surprised by his math.  I have written a fair amount of
> Perl, and currently most of my scripting is done in Tcl/Tk.  I can't
> think of a single case where it takes 25 lines of tcl to write something
> that can be done in a single line of perl.

i think he meant lines of code per constant unit of time, but even so
his figure seems surprising and doubtful to me. python might be a bit
slower than perl, if only bcause it's more verbose, but i really can't
see it being as much slower (to write) as he implied.