Comparaison on GUI toolkit on python

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Oct 30 06:22:57 EST 2000

In article <8tjg8j$26sa$1 at spartacus.freesurf.fr>,
carniel <fcarniel at freesurf.fr> wrote:
>I have a big multi plate forme (linux, mac, win) application to write.
>My criter is : rapidity, i need tree, table, frame, popup menu widget, and a
>graphic designer
>
>Actually i am looking wxWindows , qtPython, TK.
>
>Do you know other solution ?
>Where can i find a comparaison?
>Is this tool inproved ?
>where can i find some Designed, and Programming editor dedicate to python ?
>
>Thank you for you information?
>
>PS: Excuse me if this question is already asked in this groupe i fall in
>love with python, but it new for me

There's nothing entirely satisfying.  <URL:http://
starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/python_GUI.html>

If you're serious about MacOS, then a Tk-based solution
such as Tkinter is your only realistic choice.  No other
popular toolkit is nearly as "ripe" on Unix, Win*, and
MacOS.  Tk doesn't currently directly integrate "graphic
designer", tree widget, ..., although these are available
as extensions.

Comparable challenges exist with every alternative.  De-
pending on your circumstances, you might even look at
such "bit players" as DrScheme, Squeak, MetaCard, REBOL,
and DSC.

And then there's Java.  Java fulfills all the requirements
you express above.  Java carries different kinds of bag-
gage ...  You should consider it, though.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net