Where's split gone?

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Thu Oct 5 05:16:18 EDT 2000

The scene: Win32 (Win98 or Win2000), Python 1.6, IIS or PWS

I have a COM object written in Python. If I call it from VBScript or
JScript in Windows, it works.

However, if I call it from an ASP script running under PWS or IIS - on
the same machine, it fails with the following:

Python COM Server Internal Error error '80004005'
Unexpected Python Error: exceptions.AttributeError: split

The only 'split' in the source is a call to the on in the string
module - yet a little earlier in the same code, I call string.join
without grief.

What might be the problem here?

Thanks for any help.
Dale Strickland-Clark