Python on Mac OS X w/shared modules

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at virginia.edu
Thu Oct 5 18:13:09 EDT 2000

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> Last I heard, the "general" checkin procedure will be suspended the
> coming Monday; patches that are not in by then won't be in Python 2.
> Only critical bug fixes will be accepted for another week, at the
> choice of the release manager.

With Tony's patches and the changes I posted earlier, AND
dropping the --with-next-framework, it seems to build AND
install properly with dynamically loadable shared library
modules. The python library isn't packages into a Framework --
eventually we will want this I think -- but that's not necessary
for the dynamic modules to work.

So I think there's a chance we can package that up and submit it
in time for 2.0 final!

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g at Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
		"All operating systems want to be unix,
		 All programming languages want to be lisp."