Newbie question - where is wxpython.wx module?

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Fri Oct 27 21:42:29 EDT 2000

In article <8tcnjp$7to$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Daniel Berger <djberg96 at my-deja.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> NT 4.0, sp 5, using ActiveState Python (latest release).
>
> Downloaded and installed wxpython.  But, I get an error message that
> says it cannot locate module wxPython.wx.  I don't find that file
> anywhere on the system.

Where did you tell it to install wxPython?  By default it is in a
subdirectory of your Python install dir named wxPython.  The name
"wxPython.wx" referred to above is actually "the wx module in the
wxPython package," also known as "wxPython\wx.py".  If python can't
locate wxPython.wx then it means that the wxPython directory is not on
the default PYTHONPATH.  You can either move the wxPython dir into the
Python dir (or just reinstall) or add an entry to the PythonPath
registry entry, or to the PYTHONPATH environment variable.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/