CPython vs. Jython/JPython

Chris Gehlker gehlker at fastq.com
Mon Oct 30 12:07:07 EST 2000

I'm a python newbie but it seems to me that it's already more portable than Java. As I understand it, python runs on BeOS, Amiga and maybe some other platforms that don't have a JVM. And nothing is more portable than C. Maybe if Sun had really worked hard to develop and deploy Swing, I could see an advantage for jpython but as things stand, I can't see where it's useful. Again, I'm a newbie. I'm just asking, not trying to start a flame war.