Function wrapper in Python

Olav.Benum at bigfoot.com Olav.Benum at bigfoot.com
Mon Oct 9 12:36:24 EDT 2000

 I would like to write a function-wrapper that takes a
 function and its arguments as arguments, redirect
 output, and calls the function within a try/catch
 block.  Something like:
 def function_wrapper( funcname, *name **unnamed):
         try:
               funcname( name, unnamed )#??
         except OSError,error:
                 print "General exception"
                 if error:
                         print str(error)

 def test_func( s ):
     print s

 function_wrapper( test_func , 'hello world')

 (Ideally I would like something like having an abstract
 base-class with the function name as an abstract method,
 from this I would derive a class for my function, and
 then call the init function like FucntionInstance(
 Arguments)

 Thanks!
  Olav