Scheduling of Threads

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Oct 20 08:42:56 EDT 2000

"Prof. Peter Stoehr" <peter.stoehr at weihenstephan.org> writes:

> is it possible to implement an own scheduler for the threads of the
> threading objects. And has to be done for this.

What exactly are you looking for? A thread is started explicitly by
the process that creates it. So it is that thread who is responsible
for scheduling in whatever form.

For one particular type of scheduling (running a series of independent
tasks while not exceeding a fixed number of threads at a time),
I have a scheduler available in the most recent release (2.1.4) of
ScientificPython (module Scientific.Threading.TaskManager). You
can download it at

    ftp://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/ScientificPython

Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr