class mutex

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Tue Oct 24 10:37:06 EDT 2000

Great!  I learn something new every day...
So... what would Win95/98/Me do?

Olivier A. Dagenais - Software Architect and Developer
"Someone called 'Type your name here' is impersonating me on the
internet and is posting exactly the same things I am posting!"

<jay.krell at cornell.edu> wrote in message
> No. Windows does not use a tempfile. That would be crude.
>
> NT at least has an internal in-memory-mostly hierarchical namespace. The
> file system and registry namespaces rooted in the in memory namespace.
Lots
> of different types of named objects can live in the namespace, and the
> system is extensible (there's a toplevel directory \ObjectTypes). Types
> include Type, Directory, Port, Device, Event (Win32/NT kernel event, same
> thing), Mutant (something that an implement the semantics of both Win32
> mutexes and OS/2 mutexes), SymbolicLink, Section (file memory mapping,
> possibly pagefile backed), Process, Thread, Timer, Token (security),
Driver,