Overloaded Constructor

Radovan Garabik garabik-news at spam.melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk
Wed Oct 18 06:32:23 EDT 2000

Thomas Weholt <thomas at cintra.no> wrote:
 : As far as I can see, Python doesn't support this. You'll have to just
 : have to something like this:

 : class myClass:
 :     def __init__(self,any_var1 = None,any_var2 = None):
 : 	if any_var1 != None and any_var2 != None:
 : 	       	 dosomething_with_any_varx()
 : 	else:
 : 		dosomething()

 : Or something ... the feature would be nice to have though. Used it in
 : Java alot, but I think we would have seen it in Python allready if the

you can use something like this too:
class myClass:
    def __init__(self, *args):
        if args:
            dosomething_with_any_varx()
        else:
            dosomething()

 : model Python is built on allowed it ( but I have nothing to back this
 : up !! )

 : Thomas