John Draper crunch at host.net
Mon Oct 16 19:32:46 EDT 2000

Ok,     I have another question....

in this Setup file,   I have...

# Modules with some UNIX dependencies -- on by default:
# (If you have a really backward UNIX, select and socket may not be
# supported...)

fcntl fcntlmodule.c	# fcntl(2) and ioctl(2)
pwd pwdmodule.c		# pwd(3)
grp grpmodule.c		# grp(3)
crypt cryptmodule.c 	# crypt(3); needs -lcrypt on some systems
select selectmodule.c	# select(2); not on ancient System V
socket socketmodule.c	# socket(2); not on ancient System V
errno errnomodule.c	# posix (UNIX) errno values

Do i have to add the -lcrypt to that line if I have an OpenBSD system?
If so,   HOW?     Please please - I know NOTHING about this....   I just
want to know if and how I'm to use the -lcrypt option....

DO I do it like this?    where I add the "-lcrypt" between the module name
and the C file name?

crypt -lcrypt cryptmodule.c 	# crypt(3); needs -lcrypt on some systems

Or:    do I replace it like this?

-lcrypt cryptmodule.c 	# crypt(3); needs -lcrypt on some systems

Or do I put it BEFORE the "crypt" like this....

-lcrypt crypt cryptmodule.c 	# crypt(3); needs -lcrypt on some systems

This document is very poorly written.    It makes WAY TOO MANY assumptions...
Can someone please shed some light here and help out this very fresh newbee?

John