Still no luck - PLease help!!

John Draper crunch at webcrunchers.com
Tue Oct 17 17:17:24 EDT 2000

I've been at it a week now....   STILL trying to compile the "crypt" module
into my Python system.     Still no luck -  here is the last bit of the
build output...

`add2lib' is up to date.
`add2lib' is up to date.
`add2lib' is up to date.
`add2lib' is up to date.
expr `cat buildno` + 1 >buildno1
mv -f buildno1 buildno
gcc -c -g -O2 -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DBUILD=`cat buildno`
./Modules/getbuildinfo.c
ar cr libpython1.5.a getbuildinfo.o
ranlib libpython1.5.a
true
cd Modules;  make OPT="-g -O2" VERSION="1.5"  prefix="/usr/local"
exec_prefix="/usr/local"  LIBRARY=../libpython1.5.a link
cc   python.o  ../libpython1.5.a -L/usr/local/pgsql -lpq   -lm  -o python
ld: -lpq: no match
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

I took the virgin copy of the 1.5.2 distribution....    the only bummer was
that it had originally compiled jusst fine on this machine,    but now I
get this error....

First,   I tried to add the "crypt cryptmodule.c  -lcrypt" line to the
setup file.     Of course I wasn't sure of how or where to add the  -lcrypt
options,   so I added it at the end.      Of course it didn't work...
and I got the link error above....    Next I tried to build it without the
-lcrypt option,   and THAT didn't work....   and now here's the REAL
clincher and puzzler...    I changed the "Setup" file back the exact same
as it was...  and THEN I tried to rebuild it,    and I get the exact same
problem - ANd I get it on BOTH OpenBSD boxes...    Can ANYONE out there
please help me?

I've been struggling with this for over a week,   I feel I've been
"punished" enough....

Patiantly awaiting a reply...

John