Using more than 7 bit ASCII on windows.

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Mon Oct 30 17:24:50 EST 2000

Paul Moore wrote:

> Now, the console is comprehensible, but PythonWin is - to put it
> politely - odd. Actually, the length-2 string stuff implies that
> something is converting to UTF-8 somewhere, somehow...
>
> Is PythonWin trying to use UTF-8 internally?

Yes.  This is what Scintilla uses internally.  All the recent patches
related to this have been relating to these transformations - so if you
can spot what I screwed up, that would be good.

I also noticed another problem.  If you get one of these extended
character displaying correctly in Pythonwin a few lines up, then press
"Enter" on that line to copy it to the bottom, you also see this wierd
behaviour you described...

Unfortunately, I am fighting about 6 fires ATM...

Mark.