Does a PVM (Python Virtual Maschine) exists ?

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadicsltd.com
Sat Oct 7 19:25:44 EDT 2000

> I like to communicate with other instances of my persistent Python
> Servlet on different servers using the ORB  protocoll or any other
> matching middle tier communication facility.

Look at 'Pyro'

Pyro is an acronym for PYthon Remote Objects. It is a basic Distributed
Object Technology system written entirely in Python, and for use in Python
only. With this, it closely resembles Java's Remote Method Invocation (RMI).
It has less similarity to CORBA - which is a system- and language
independent Distributed Object Technology and has much more to offer than
Pyro or RMI. But Pyro is small, simple and free!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~irmen/ap/pyro.html

hth
- Jason