libpython20.a for building extensions using mingw32

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 06:33:36 EDT 2000

I had missed the Makefile that comes with Py-mingw32-tools.zip,
containing the necessary dlltool call that makes the .a file out of
the .lib. Thanks, Robert, for directing me to it.

> One problem you might run into is that lib2def.py won't catch all of
> the symbols. I wrote lib2def.py as a hack that worked for 1.5.2, and
> some important symbols in 2.0 may be left out.

lib2def.py didn't seem to catch the symbols, so I ended up using the
pexports utility that you mentioned in your notes to create the .def
file. After that libpython20.a built successfully, and I was then able
to build the extension module.

Hamish Lawson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.