PythonWin IDE sucks!

Matt mksql at my-deja.com
Fri Oct 27 10:39:21 EDT 2000

In article <7tuivs46osods22uumpvsvsap2jocrd4si at 4ax.com>,
  dale at out-think.NOSPAM.co.uk wrote:

> I've sort of mentioned this before and all I got was general murmors
> of agreement but no solution.
>
> This is such a huge irritation and time waster for me that if it isn't
> sorted out I can't really consider Python for future large projects.

PythonWin is a tool for working with the Python language. The
usefulness of the tool has no impact on the usefullness of the language.

If my understanding is correct, the author of PythonWin has provided us
a very useful editor and debugger for Python on the Windows platform,
that currently can be used at no monetary expense. Given that this is
not commercial software, and that it is a work inprogress, I would
expect some bugs. Personally, I find the price/performance ratio quite
acceptable.

> What can I do about it?

Learn the language, and if you do not like the PythonWin tool, use
another.

I can guarantee that you will find tools for every language that will
not meet your expectations.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.