PythonWin Debugger

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Tue Oct 3 09:30:20 EDT 2000

Thanks for that.

I found assert() in the docs and it mentions a __debug__ variable,
which is what I was looking for. However, It alwasy seems to be TRUE -
even when running outside the developement environment.

Any idea why?

Thanks

"Franz GEIGER" <fgeiger at datec.at> wrote:

>You can use assert(), which can be activated / deactivated by environment.
>
>Regards
>Franz GEIGER
>
>Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk> schrieb in im
>Newsbeitrag: 23ogtsccrfllg97b33rc9js65o2oqi5a96 at 4ax.com...
>> Is there something I can test in a Python program to see if its
>> running under the debugger? I just want to enable some debugging
>> messages.
>>
>> Also, under the Tools menu, there is a "Python Trace Collector".
>> Anyone know what this is? I've never seen anything appear on it. If I
>> could direct debugging messages here, leaving the Interactive window
>> for normal output, that would be really handy.

Dale Strickland-Clark
Out-Think Ltd
Business Technology Consultants