mod_python error under Apache

Hamilton Link helink at
Sat Oct 7 00:56:55 CEST 2000

I'm trying to set up mod_python in Apache. I've built Apache before and
everything works fine, but this time I included mod_python amongst the
statically linked mods (I figured I'd try that and then go back and try
the seemingly more complicated process of building mod_python as a DSO,
just to compare). Apache still works fine, except for mod_python.
I RTFM'ed and did what the instructions from said,
modified my httpd.conf etc. but when I try to actually reference a .py
file I get the following instead:

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mptest"

Traceback (innermost last):

  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mod_python/", line
135, in Dispatch
    module = import_module(module_name, req)

  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mod_python/", line
276, in import_module
    module = __import__(module_name)

ImportError: No module named mptest

I'm new to python, so I'm not crazy about debugging -- has
anyone had this problem or does anyone know what I f...ed up?