Using more than 7 bit ASCII on windows.

Paul Moore paul.moore at uk.origin-it.com
Tue Oct 31 04:52:44 EST 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:24:50 +0100, Mark Hammond
<MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote:

>Paul Moore wrote:
>
>> Now, the console is comprehensible, but PythonWin is - to put it
>> politely - odd. Actually, the length-2 string stuff implies that
>> something is converting to UTF-8 somewhere, somehow...
>>
>> Is PythonWin trying to use UTF-8 internally?
>
>Yes.  This is what Scintilla uses internally.  All the recent patches
>related to this have been relating to these transformations - so if you
>can spot what I screwed up, that would be good.

Sorry - I screwed up. I missed your earlier patch (if
pywin.is_platform_unicode, in interact.py). BTW, that patch as given
doesn't work (pywin doesn't have an attribute is_platform_unicode) I
did "from pywin.scintilla.view import is_platform_unicode" at the top,
and then used "if is_platform"unicode".

With the patch, my example works as expected. Sorry for the false
alarm...

Paul.