Code obfuscation / decompilers?

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Sat Oct 7 12:19:13 EDT 2000

"Stephen Hansen" <stephen at cerebralmaelstrom.com> wrote in message
news:20001006.233401.22802 at Jeremy.cerebralmaelstrom.com...
> Do you know what I think? You are choosing the wrong tool for the job.
> Python is an interpreted language, and as such, is available to the
> end-user. Sure, you can freeze, compile into byte-code, and what not,
> but those are not really sufficient for your needs.

I disagree: hackers have an easier time with native machine code because
that's what they are used to.  The "correct" answer here is to write the
sensitive code in a completely new byte-code interpreted language for which
there no decompilers.  You can write the interpreter in Python.

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com