Any parser generator available?

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Fri Oct 6 12:32:58 EDT 2000

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Rick Lee wrote:

> The grammar that I like to parse is quite simple, compared to a
> programming language like Python.  My interest for a parser generator is
> so that I don't have to implement a parser (not that I know how to do it
> well), and also because the grammar, though simple, will change a lot in
> its life time (new statements get added).  For those who might know, the
> grammar that I like to have a parser for is a set of TL1 commands.  TL1
> is a meta-grammar, so to speak, that is fairly commonly used in the
> telecom industry.

Hey Rick,

There's quite a few parser generators out there. You should try browsing
that module directory at http://www.vex.net/parnassus/ .

Having said that, I was recently investigating the notion of a
VBscript preprocessor, and looked at quite a few parser generators.
I chose SPARK, because it seemed well documented and easy to use.
it's at: http://www.csr.uvic.ca/~aycock/python/content.html

Cheers,

- Michal