Python Guru Available For Contract Work

revtracyj at my-deja.com revtracyj at my-deja.com
Wed Oct 11 17:31:55 EDT 2000

If interested in contacting Mr. Jarvis about his unique abilities,
please write me directly at the following email address:
tracyj at teleport.com

Thanks,

~Tracy

What Resume?

Hi. My name is Jeff Jarvis.

I have been a self-employed software developer for over ten years, and
I've done very well. But I miss the social aspects of working with other
people, so I'm considering becoming employed again. Or perhaps getting
together with a few other cowboys and a venture capitalist.

I can make a computer do virtually anything. I can do any language. I
can design and write complex applications single-handedly. I can do
anything from assembler and C/C++, to PostScript, shell or cgi scripts,
SQL, HTML, Delphi, or Python. I have programmed device drivers,
controller chips, and interrupt handlers. If I don't know the language
or API already I'll learn it so fast no one will ever notice. ;-)

I have excellent writing and public speaking skills. Back in '88 I wrote
a book titled "Understanding FMAC," which was aimed at developers
wanting to squeeze extra horsepower out of a 4GL/db called DataFlex. It
received glowing reviews and sold very well.

Since 1989 I have been heavily involved in applications for the
publishing/prepress industry. My classified ad and pagination software
is used by some of the largest free circulation papers in the United
States (including the Pennysaver in Pittsburgh.) My latest project is a
pagination program for shopping guides, written in Python, which I have
dubbed Fort Wendy.

I dropped out of high school in my sophomore year. I have no college
credits. I taught myself algebra, trig, and the calculus. (And, of
course, everything I know about computers that mere mortals do not.) I
play the guitar, and I read voraciously. My last IQ test came in at 161,
although I have tested as low as 145.

I have fantastic references which I will be happy to provide when you
decide to check up on me :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.