Debugging Python -Newbie?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at gssec.bt.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 12:05:58 EDT 2000

David Lees wrote:
> I am looking for an elementary introduction (cookbook) to debugging
> Python code with either PythonWin or IDLE.  I am playing with the
> classic recursive factorial example in PythonWin and somehow am not
My forthcoming book has a chapter on debugging for beginners
that uses factorial as an example. Unfortunately the book
won't be out till December which is probably too long to
wait :-)

Meantime what's the specific problem you have? What happens
when you try to step thru'?

If its a recursive solution are you sure you aren't just
stepping into the same line recursively - thus appearing
not to be going anywhere...

Alan G.
Author of:
Learn to Program Using Python