Why is "while" ticking me off???

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Fri Oct 6 13:41:09 EDT 2000

In article <etdzokipqgf.fsf at pickled-herring.mit.edu>, Alex says...

>> I'm always bugged by "elif" because I can never remember whether it's
>> "elif", "elsif", or "elseif".
>
>Use an editor with syntax highlighting.  That way, you'll know you've
>got it when it lights up.

Not a bad idea.  (Or better yet, I guess I could just put a little "sticky note"
on my computer. <wink>.)

I have tried "Vim", but it was so much different from all the other editors I've
ever used (I'm a DOS/Windows man), that its usefulness didn't seem to justify
the learning curve I would have to undertake.

I used Pythonwin for awhile, and it was very good, but I got frustrated with
having to restart it every time I changed my program--because its Python
interpreter often remembered the old version.  (I know that the Python is
_supposed_ to work like that, but it still was frustrating: to me, the best cure
seemed to be to use an IDE that isn't written in Python.)  Also, it looks like
you now can only get Pythonwin as part of ActiveState's Python distribution: as
far as I can tell, Pythonwin isn't available separately anymore.

i-basically-just-want-a-python--aware-plug-in-to-MSVC-that-acts
   -just-like-MSVC's-editor-(which-isn't-really-all-that-special,
   -but-i'm-used-to-it)-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation            http://www.iowegian.com