Small Python?

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Mon Oct 16 15:38:23 EDT 2000

You want a 50kb minimalistic interpreter?  I'd say you might want to
download the sources and start removing built-ins you won't use, but 50kb is
*really* pushing it.

You can get Gordon's installer scripts (for windows) to produce a
distribution that's about 700kb and _that_ fits nicely onto a floppy.  Or
you get your users to install Python ONCE and then you only have to worry
about the size of your scripts.  I think FREEZE will turn your python
program into a C program, which you can then compile down to whatever size
makes you happy.

my-python-dir-takes-up-38-megs-but-that-includes-documentation-and-lots-of-o
ther-stuff-your-users-wouldn't-need-ly y'rs  :)

Olivier A. Dagenais - Software Architect and Developer
"Someone called 'Type your name here' is impersonating me on the
internet and is posting exactly the same things I am posting!"

news:39EB2298.5D40A732 at sandqvist.com...