future of Python: Stackless, Standard -> fragmentation ?

Dirk-Ulrich Heise hei at adtranzsig.de
Fri Oct 6 10:05:27 EDT 2000

"Will Ware" <wware at world.std.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:G20Dsq.Epp at world.std.com...
[...]
> Were it not for the irreconcilable differences between Stackless and
> JPython, Stackless might have made it into the 2.0 release. The people who
> make these decisions (Guido and company at BeOpen) are well aware of these
> issues and many more, and have thought them through in much greater detail
> than you or I have done. So I'll reiterate the Python community refrain
> of "in Guido we trust".

Mark Hammond wrote/is writing (?) a compiler that lets Python
run on this Microsoft VM that runs C#, if i recall correctly.
I suppose that that VM shares the same disadvantages
the Java VM has? Does anybody know more? (I suspect
it is the case because Microsoft is kind of imitating this Java VM
thing, and if i were to invent a VM, i wouldn't give it such a
feature unless somebody requested it or i was i, which i wouldn't
be if i invented a VM that wouldn't have it because it would be
so cute. Forget the last sentence.)
--
Dipl.Inform. Dirk-Ulrich Heise
hei at adtranzsig.de