Python 2.0 test_dbm crashes

Jeremy Hylton jhylton at my-deja.com
Wed Oct 18 11:47:13 EDT 2000

In article <39ED591D.47F2A853 at schlund.de>,
  Carsten Gaebler <cgaebler at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Python 2.0 compiles well on my RedHat 6.2 system with the dbm module
> enabled, but "make test" crashes with a segmentation fault at
test_dbm.
> What's going wrong? I haven't had this problem with Python 1.6.

In general, please submit reports of test failures to the Python bug
tracker: http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=addbug&group_id=5470
It is much easier to track bugs that have been entered in the database
than it is to scan the newsgroup for them.

Does test_dbm crash all by itself, e.g.
python
>>> import test.test_dbm

Can you provide a stack trace from the debugger?
What platform and compiler are you using?

--
-- Jeremy Hylton, <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.