In memory persistence - used as CGI

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Mon Oct 30 14:32:00 EST 2000

> Okay - I'm beginning to think that I need to use either pickle/cpickle
> or shelve (through the dbm/gdbm) for data persistence.  I'm a newbie to
> Python so I don't know what the performance ramifications are.  Any
> thoughts on which approach gives the best performance from:
> 1. Using pickle/cpickle.
> 2. Using shelve.
> 3. Using anydbm directly.

For CGI stuff, you don't have to worry so much about performance as about
concurrency.  You can not have two sessions writing to the same file or one
reading to a file another is writing to.

Olivier A. Dagenais - Software Architect and Developer
"Someone called 'Type your name here' is impersonating me on the
internet and is posting exactly the same things I am posting!"