Code obfuscation / decompilers?

Andrew Markebo andrew.markebo at telelogic.com
Sat Oct 7 07:59:04 EDT 2000

A thought.. in your case.. move some of the environment into the
pythin interpretator (c-code) and make the validation in there... sort of..

I have a application that fetches data through a c-module and also
some functionality is in there, and I make it check that it has a license..

mylicensedprogram.py
import mymodule # c - module

mymodule.initialize()  # checks license, sets up environment,
                       # registers functions.. connects to the database

Now if licensing fails (normal FlexLM used), it doesn't register some
funktions I need for this program, you can't access the database..

        /Andy