Does Python 2.0b1 support https on Windows?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 1 17:29:14 EDT 2000

Andrew Markebo <andrew.markebo at telelogic.com> writes:

> There are always the possibility to use internet explorers
> https-functionality through win32com, check the article 're: 2000: A
> Win32 oddisey' by Michal Wallace.

Not always: How exactly do I use this function on my Solaris machine
?-) Of course, on *Windows* there probably always is that
possibility...

> I have managed to get together the socketlib.pyd for ssl, what I did
> was compiled OpenSSL for windows, compiled the socketlib with the
> flage USE_SSL, where it barfs on some error like 'Non-constant used'
> move the &PyObjectType assignment into the init-function, as done in
> some other modules that does dynamic loading on win32.
>
> Get in touch if you want more info.

There is a bug report on SF on this problem,

http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470&func=detailbug&bug_id=110683

Would you consider posting a patch to SF to correct the error? If
there is an easy fix, it may get included into Python 2.0, still.

Regards,
Martin