Initial value of sys.path

Simon Brunning SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 08:34:59 EST 2000

> From:	Mark Hammond [SMTP:MarkH at ActiveState.com]
>

> > > I believe the deliberate decision was simply to "leave windows alone".
> > > It wasn't clear at the time how useful the site packages would truly
> > > turn out to be, and Windows already had special registry support.
> >
> > I'd be very interested to know why this is.
>
> I'm sorry, but which part are you still unclear on?  Why our foresight
> isn't
> as good as our hindsight?

Woops - obviously that came across as some kind of criticism. It *certainly*
wasn't intended as one. Sorry.

I really just wanted to know whether a decision was made at some point not
to have a site directory in Windows installations, or whether it was just
that *no* decision had been made *to* have a site directory. If the former,
what the reasons were.

I'm just interested to know - I'm not second-guessing anyone.

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.
sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't
assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
immensity of the sea. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery